If you are in a relationship, do you ever wonder: Why did she change her password? Or why my girlfriend won’t give me her Instagram password? While changing passwords is not a crime, it can send the wrong signals to the relationship. If you had previous access to her phone or social media accounts, and after the password change, you no longer have access, it can be a red flag that your girlfriend is hiding something from you.
Nothing can be more distressing than having to live with an uncertainty that your girlfriend may be cheating on you. Most partners live in denial because they don’t want to face a reality that can easily make them lose faith in love and relationships. Infidelity is a major deal-breaker in almost every relationship. Cases of cheating have increased a lot in recent decades, especially in American society. And no one can really blame you if you have your doubts.
While the act of changing your password does not immediately equate to cheating, it can be one part of many signs that can help you determine if your partner is cheating on you. But before we get to the other signs to see whether you have a cheating partner, we should first ask: Should couples have each other’s phone passwords?
There is no blanket answer for this question. It all depends on the level of trust and confidence you have with each other. Do you know each other well enough to warrant this level of trust? If yes, and if it is a mutual understanding, then there is nothing wrong with giving out your password details with each other. For some people, no amount of trust or length of time will ever be enough to warrant giving out their passwords to their partner. If this is the case, you just have to respect their decision, and trust that they are not doing something illicit behind your back.
So, again, should couples exchange passwords? The answer is to look at the relationship you and your partner have and decide whether you need to have access to each other’s private data.
Back to our original question: What to do if your girlfriend keeps changing her passwords?
Before you confront her with claims of infidelity, do check out some other signs first:
Signs Your Girlfriend is Cheating On You
- You have a strong gut feeling that she is cheating on you. More often than not, your gut senses signs of cheating that you can’t see. Like they say, when there’s smoke, there’s fire.
- She avoids answering the phone when you are around but texts incessantly. Otherwise, she may choose to go to another room to attend the call and claim to do it for ‘privacy’.
- She seems overly happy but you don’t know the reason behind it.
- She suddenly starts hanging out with a “new girlfriend” a lot, but she has never introduced you to her.
- She starts dropping names of new friends and insists that you two keep your friends separate.
- Her number is busy a lot these days, especially during breaks from work or school, and late into the night.
- She pampers up more often and spends an extensive amount of time and money on her appearance. Just like how she paid extra attention to herself when you started dating.
- The frequency of her calls and messages to you drops significantly.
- You might notice some of your mutual friends start acting strange when you two are together. As if they know something you don’t.
- She doesn’t find you appealing anymore and often makes insulting remarks about your job, physical look, or attitude. She starts criticizing you and gets angry at the little things and things that never used to bother her before.
- There is a lack of interest in getting physically or emotionally intimate with you. She will even shy away from any public display of affection and make excuses not to do it.
- She seems unsure of what to answer when you ask her about her whereabouts.
- She now encourages you to hang out more with your friends or to go alone to watch a movie. She may then talk about movies that you have never seen together.
- She gets confused with the information she shares with you, claiming that she already told you about it last time
- She has become secretive about her whereabouts and gets mad if you press for answers. She may even try to change the topic of the conversation to divert your attention.
- She is no longer interested in activities that you enjoyed together previously. You might notice a series of sudden and unexplained cancellations of plans.
- ‘My girlfriend changed my contact name.’ it can be from ‘babe’ to your real name, and say that she changed it for her contact list to look more professional.
- Your girlfriend has notifications turned off, or has switched her phone into silent mode, whenever she is with you.
- If you suddenly notice new, expensive, additions to her wardrobe and jewelry that she wouldn’t have been able to afford otherwise. The other party may be showering her with extravagant gifts to win her affection.
- She has become paranoid and accuses you of cheating on her.
- Her attitude is in the extremes. She starts picking fights with you or tries to look for reasons to break up, or, she becomes extra nice (most likely out of guilt).
- You cheated on her before and she found out. She may not have gotten over it yet and aims to seek revenge.
If you notice a lot of these signs in your girlfriend and in your relationship, then chances are, you are dealing with a cheating girlfriend.
Another way to check if your girlfriend is cheating is to run her name through a People Search Service like ClickSearch. ClickSearch is a specially developed search engine that is designed to gather information on a person.
Running your girlfriend’s name on ClickSearch will show you if she has other phone numbers that you do not know about. It can also show you if she is using any aliases and has other social media accounts under a different name. With all the information ClickSearch can gather for you, you will be one step closer to finding out if you have caught them cheating.
Why do people put passwords on their phone?
To prevent unwanted people from prying into your business.
Is it OK to have privacy in a relationship?
You have the right to privacy in any relationship, including with your spouse, partner, and family.
What percentage of couples share passwords?
Despite the fact that almost half of all people surveyed regret doing this, the results showed that 80 percent of all couples shared their passwords to their accounts
What is ClickSearch?
ClickSearch is just one of the best people search tools on the internet. Through this tool, you can get valuable personal information about someone that you are trying to locate.
Tiffany is a lead writer who has a passion for all of the latest use of technology. Tiffany has been writing and delivering the latest app reviews and news for ClickSearch. She is an unbelievable author and continues to produce must-read content.